
So I've reduced myself to a biannual bloggership ... thanks for your continued interest! :) Do you ever wonder why some things get procrastinated to the bitter end? And usually they're important things - for instance, in our case, they are "good news" things!
As you can see on the very subtle photo, above, of Jett - we're expecting another baby! ...in two months! And it's a girl! Yes, we are all excited (Jett is, too, he just doesn't know it yet) - Precious Perfect is expected to arrive September 26th. I am not-so-secretly hoping, however, that she'll come early like Jett did - I hope that's not too much to ask!? We'll announce her name after she arrives (she may be six months old by then) - some things must remain a mystery! :) She'll be taking over the nursery, as Jett gets to move downstairs to his big-boy room. And just to alleviate any concerns that I'm getting all soft on you, the nursery is staying the way it is ... pale turquoise-painted walls, and lots of bold colors. The little pink you'll see on or near her will be in her rosy little cheeks :)
Life around here has had nary a dull moment. Jett only takes one nap a day now, and so is constantly on-the-go. I am usually able to sneak a nap myself in the middle of his playtime ... he just ignores me and works on his daily mess-making - it's hard work! Jay had a very busy, travel-filled spring season at work. Then, he had ankle surgery in early June, leaving him at my mercy! Mmmwaaaahaha! We survived our month at home together and he's back at work, happily (for both of us). Jett and I DID love having so much time with him, though - great family bonding time before the little sister comes and stirs it all up! We continue to do little things here and there in the endless pursuit of a "finished" home ... draperies (to replace the assorted $2 sheets pinned over the windows), repainting walls & new furniture (Jett's big-boy room), rearranging this, garage-selling that ... it goes on. But that works for me - I love my "projects"!
Jett is very talkative (just doesn't say any real words) and VERY communicative. He understands about 99% of what we say to him (as is evidenced in his subsequent actions/reactions). It is such a joy to communicate with your young child and know that he/she "gets" it. Really, it is just another testament to the miracle of human development - God has designed us so incredibly!
Just about two months ago, Jett discovered balls ... his first was a basketball at Jay's parents' house (Bebe and Papa). He kinda swatted at it for a little while, rolling it and picking it up ... it was no time before he was smitten. Ever since then, it's balls, balls, balls - any shape, any size. He doesn't SAY the word "ball", but the love is clear. (Haven't we all said, "actions speak louder than words"???). He likes to throw them, too. Of course, the throwing is by no means limited to balls ... pens, paper, telephones, measuring tapes, puzzle pieces, magnets, remote controls ... anything he could deem as "toy", however briefly, it's flying across the room. Usually the trajectory is in a strait line from his highest reach to about three or four feet in front of him on the floor, ending in a "thud". Nothing has been broken yet, knock on wood. Although ... I'VE broken one or two items by stepping on them - things that shouldn't have been on the floor.
That's about it for now. You can view "recent" pics on our photo web site - the link is in the upper right-hand corner of this page (under "Pictures, pictures, pictures!")
We hope you are all doing well in your respective neck of the woods!
5 comments:
Well hello! I'm glad to hear that life is going well for you and it's always good to see your pretty face again! :) I need a profile pic of your belly, though, before the little Pea arrives.
Yea, welcome back!! I LOVE it! Sounds like things are busy and fun at your house...we really must "hang" sometime in the next year (I'll give us a realistic goal to shoot for ;) Keep the blogs commin'!
So, Jett's a baller, eh!?! He's practicing for his touchdown pass (that is, if you allow him to play football). Sounds like a busy li'l guy. Congrats on the "projects" as we are all too familiar with that term at our house as well. I just finished putting a new finish on one of the bathtubs...had to wear a gas mask, though, from the toxic epoxy fumes. Yikes! Can't wait to see those drapes one of these days.
Hugs,
Elifson
I'm going to guess the name is something like Kate, or Belle or something awesome like that....since you OBVIOUSLY are trying to be like me. HA! When you said Jett discovered "balls" guess what I did? Yes. I giggled a bit....just a bit. Bye, Em
HA! I'm with "RR" on this one, I had a quiet chuckle that grew into full-fledged laughter as you described how Jett is totally into "balls, balls, balls" these days. Seriously Emily, do you read back over these things before you post them?
And you've apparently been misspelling "straight" for some time now.
Post a Comment