Friday, August 10, 2007

First Ever & Early August Installment

I'm finally caving to the world of blogging ... I figure it might just be a good way to let myself off the hook when I am overdue a Jett update (since he's the only person in our family who's of any interest to y'all ;)) - this way you can just do random checks! I can't make any promises of blogging-awesomeness, but I will try to at least satisfy your basic Jett-fix needs :)

I'm starting out with a re-do of our most recent email. Sorry, I gotta start somewhere!

Well, I’ve been remiss about sending you updates of our precious perfect little boy … I think the last one I sent was in April! Many of you have seen Jett since then and have witnessed some of his new “tricks”, but for many of you, far far away, you’re missing OUT! Please allow me to give you a little run down here, and then please feel free to browse this fabulous web site thingy that a friend of our introduced us to. It’s awesome – you can view pictures WITHOUT having to sign in!!! If you’re anything like me, having to sign in (and give some fake email address and password and register, etc, everytime and have to remember the fake email address and password…) doesn’t really work for me so I miss out on many cute pictures of our friends. But on this Google Picasa, you can make your pictures public and just copy and paste the web site address. Two words: awe some.

Here’s the web site addy: http://picasaweb.google.com/jefenlaw
You should just be able to click on that link. If it doesn’t work easily for you, then I’m sorry, I don’t know what to tell you, I’m not that smart. Email me.

Jett is now 7 months old, about 22 pounds, and a little over 28 inches. He’s our little “Cinderblock”. Awwwe. He currently has two bottom teeth, and two side-top teeth have just broken through (so if they grow any more before the two middle top teeth come in, he’ll have fangs), and we can see the two middle-top front teeth just below the surface. Teeth everywhere! What a difference teeth make in his appearance – we’ve gone from gummy baby to toothy smile! Ooohh, but you know how cute WE think he is! J Jett is able to hold his own bottle for an entire feeding as long as he’s leaning back. What a luxury THIS is … especially during the 7 o’clock feeding when mom can barely open her eyes, much less hold a bottle. Of course, he also eats really quickly, so that luxurious 7am snooze lasts about 10 minutes tops. Feels more like 2. Seconds that is. All in all, bottle-holding is awesome.

Jett is also eating solid foods now. And by solid, I mean very squishy and not solid. He loves squash and sweet potatoes. And pears. And peaches and bananas. Something tells me fruit is not going to be a problem. It’s the vegetables that may pose a challenge – much like they do for mom. He actually gagged – gagged! – when we fed him green peas. Can you blame the poor kid? The pictures in which you see him eating geen mush is green beans – those are acceptable to us. I can hardly wait to feed him brussel sprouts. Mmmm, those were MY favorite when I was young and ate three foods (mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, and chicken drumsticks).

We are also on the verge of crawling. Jett is up on his hands and knees, doing a little rocking. Mostly he is still doing the “superman push-up”: pushes up on his hands and then lets go down to his tummy and kicks out his legs and holds his arms out front or to the side. He IS mobile, but in a backwards directions. The superman pushup gradually moves him backwards and around. I’m expecting life to be very different when he actually moves forward and with purpose and intent. Yikes. Look out Lulabelle. Good thing she can run fast.

No comments: